At the most recent visit of the state inspection office, BCOM, it was reported that the building received a good report overall.
- Floor 2, 3, & 4 are largely complete.
- Floor 1 is moderately complete.
- Work continues on Floor 5.
- Compact shelving is being installed on all designated floors; expected completion 9/30.
- Furniture installation will begin once Mason receives the occupancy permit.
- The majority of the landscaping work is complete.
- Substantial building completion is expected mid- to end of September.
- Substantial IT work is currently being done.
Interior photos of New Fenwick Library Addition: The Atrium.
George Mason and his Peeps on the Atrium stairs, April 2015.
Atrium Stairs and flooring installation. May 2015.
It’s Mason Day – and look who’s here! Heading to the big celebration, George Mason and his Mason Peeps dropped by to see how the new Fenwick Library Addition is coming along. First things first for the Mason Peeps: George is showing them floor plans and renderings to get ready to tour the new space. Stay tuned for more adventures! #FenwickSneakPeeps #GetReady2Move