- Fenwick Addition construction continues on schedule.
- High density shelving tracks are being installed in the east wing of the Addition.
- Whiting-Turner is working on overhead rough-ins which includes HVAC, duct work and electric.
- Curtain wall installation is occurring on all 5 levels (south end of addition).
- Face brick installation will begin on the East side of building on October 29..
- Security system wiring installation continues.
- Thanks to everyone for their patience and cooperation during The Great Sprinkler Installation Project of ’14. It’s done!
- Good weather = Good progress
- Fenwick Addition construction is currently on schedule.
- The “big move” is expected in January 2016.
- On Monday, September 15, contractors will pour the last concrete pour for the building.
- Staircases are being installed at the rear loading dock of the building, at the front behind the Café, and the main center lobby staircase from 1st floor to 2nd floor.
- Framing for wall and windows is being done on 1, 2 & 3 floors. Rough-in for HVAC, air ducts and electrical is also being installed on these levels.
- The building exterior is expected to be fully enclosed by Thanksgiving.
- The high temperature hot water system will be shut down in Fenwick Library while new valves are installed. Hot water will be shut down Monday, August 11, at 7:00 am until Friday, August 15, at 5:00 pm,
- Floor 5C and Special Collections & Archives (Floor 2C) are closed.
Construction crews are scheduled to work on Fenwick Library elevators August 4 – 15. The construction company will shut down and work on the Wing C elevators first. Once completed, the construction crew will shut down and work on the Wing B elevators. This job is expected to be completed by Friday, August 15.
Significant interior construction work – installing a new sprinkler system on each floor in the existing B&C Wings of Fenwick Library – will take place all summer in Fenwick Library. This new system integrates with the Fenwick Addition and brings the existing Fenwick Library towers into compliance with current building code. Current status and access information is online.
- Work continues on underground installation
- Hot water in B & C wings is shut off due to work on water utilities
- Work continues on plumbing installation for cold & hot water on East side
- Work completed on water utilities installation on West side
- Geopiers are being poured on the South side
- Concrete deck is being poured for second level on East side
- Installation of new sprinkler system for existing Fenwick B & C wings is scheduled to begin May 19. Details on the plans for this major project will be forthcoming.
- Exterior fence signage about the Fenwick Addition project was installed April 28.
- The new stairwells in B & C Wings are completed and inspected. They are open for use and emergency exit. Appropriate directional signs are installed and lit.
- Foundation work continues. Utility line work continues to be challenging, Mason and Whiting Turner continue to work with all Utility providers.
- “Slab on Grade” will be visible on or before April 4.
- Installation of new Water Sprinkler system for B & C Wings will begin May 19 and continue through the summer. More information to follow.
- Foundation work has been delayed by the weather.
- WT continues working on utility lines and drilling foundation supports (geopiers, etc).
- WT has been installing expansion joints at the building connection to the new stair towers.
- Friday, March 21: the Fire Marshal will be inspecting the new stair wells. Alarms may sound between 10:30am and Noon.
Whiting Turner will begin demolition of selected study room glass & metal frames in Wing C and Wing B on Thursday, February 13 (snow or no snow) and the work will be completed by Saturday, February 15.