Whiting Turner will begin demolition of selected study room glass & metal frames in Wing C and Wing B on Thursday, February 13 (snow or no snow) and the work will be completed by Saturday, February 15.
1. Several Wing C study rooms (108, 310, 410 and 510) and a few carrel areas are affected by the new connections to the new exterior fire stairs. The furniture in these areas will be relocated beginning November 12. Study rooms C108, C310, C410 and C510 will go “offline” for the duration of the construction project.
2. Study space outside of C108 is available for student use again.
3. Plastic draping in First Floor Wing B, now covering some book stacks, a study room and the new fire exit, will be removed by Friday, November 15.
4. The First Floor Computer Hallway fire door project is expected to be completed and the hallway re-opened on Friday, November 22.
5. Public computers and furniture from the First Floor Computer Hallway have been relocated to First Floor Wing B. The First Floor Computer Hallway space will be converted to Fenwick Gallery space, anticipated to be completed sometime in January 2014.
6. Roof work will continue for approximately two more weeks as old water utility lines are removed and a new storm water line is installed.
1. External fire stair tower drilling, to connect the new stair system to the existing towers, is scheduled to begin Monday, November 18, and scheduled to be completed Monday, December 2.
2. Soil preparation for the foundation tower crane begins Wednesday, November 20, and is scheduled to conclude Tuesday, December 3. The foundation tower crane is scheduled to be set in place on Wednesday, December 4.
- Tree removal continues on the south and east sides of Fenwick Library.
- Work continues on the external fire stairs on Wings B & C.
First Floor Computer Hallway Doors
- The First Floor computer hallway doors (into Wing B) are closed as of October 31, 2013. This firewall construction work is estimated to last 10 days to 2 weeks.
Water Shut Down
- On Thursday, October 31, from 5:00 am to 9:00 am, the domestic water system will be shut down in Wing B of Fenwick Library to install a new water line so old lines can be removed.
Be Prepared/Coming Soon
- Restrooms on 1st Floor, Wing C may be closed beginning November 4 for several weeks of utility work.
- Drilling through brick to create access to the external fire stairs on all floors will begin week of November 25.
- Drilling work will be suspended from December 9 through December 18.